Followers

Friday 26 January 2018

A Rudolph For Rudolph Days

I've never been able to resist a bargain, so when Debbie Moore had 70% off of CD's over Christmas I just had to buy a couple that I did not have in my huge collection. One of them being Rudolph and Friends, so I could not think of anything more appropriate to start off this years Rudolph Days Challenge than Rudolph. I made my card base from some left over card from an A3 piece that I used on another project making a slightly odd sized card at 5 1/2 x 6 1/2, then I printed off a backing sheet and a decoupage topper. Once all of the pieces where cut out I used an off cut of gold mirri for matting  and then stuck the base of the decoupage to the card with some foam tape. Next I built up the layers with Glue Gel and lastly added a Merry Christmas cut out of the left over piece of gold using an All Occasions die.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

14 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oh your Rudolph is so adorable ....hehe and I too cant resist sales...thank god we dont have many craft shops in India!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Janice said...

A lovely Rudolph card Sue. It sounds like you got yourself some bargains!
Janice x

Joan said...

What a cute Rudolph on your lovely card.

Barb said...

What a wonderful image. It's a very sweet card Sue. Barbxx

cotnob said...

A super Christmas card Sue, Rudolph is adorable - fabulous decoupage.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Sue, what a great Rudolph. I can't resist a crafty bargain either! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card, so love this Sue.xx [aNNie]

LesleyG said...

Your Rudolph is so cute! Happy RD Sue xxx

scrappymo! said...

What a fabulous decoupaged reindeer! He is so cute and your card is wonderful
I like the design and the little touch of gold!

Thanks for taking part in the January Rudolph Days Challenge.

Linby said...

Well done on getting a bargain! This is a fab card beautifully made.

Sally H said...

A wonderful card sue xxx Very cute! Happy Rudolf day x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a super cute and jolly image, it made me smile. Sandra x

rachel said...

a very cute card Sue - I am sure you will be able to use that CD a lot! Hugs rachel x

Anonymous said...

oh, your rudolph is adorable! he looks like he's anticipating a full stocking. i love the colours, the gold trim and sentiment too; what a perfect size to fit in that space. thank you so much for sharing your christmas card with us at the rudolph days challenge!
linda
rudolph days challenge DT