Followers

Tuesday 5 September 2017

Create A Card Die

Another card (or two) made for the box, this time using one of the new Diesire Dies from Crafters Companion. I've used a 6x6 card black and Sheenas stamping card slightly smaller and then slightly smaller again in silver mirri card. I cut the die from the mirri card then with the Sheena card I plotted where to use distress ink to make a background that suited the die. I then mounted them all together onto the card blank. I've decided not to add a sentiment, I shall just put a verse inside.



I'm going to enter this card into Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra which is anything goes.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

14 comments:

Aquarius said...

An impressive card using the die and the colouring is placed perfectly to show it off.

Janice said...

A beautiful card Sue, so elegant and I love the pretty coloured background.
Janice x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning and you did so well in photographing this paper, I so love how your DI add that gorgeous glow, well planned Sue, love your gorgeous card.xx [aNNie]

Megan J said...

Hi Sue, a gorgeous card love the glowing candles... have a wonderful week... Megan

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue, your card is very beautiful with the fantastic background for the lovely die cuts. Have a great day, Shirleyxx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ooooh, Sue, I love this die, ... but die addiction means too many neglected... too long!
Brilliant creation thanks or sharing, new dto do some more Christmas cards,
Shaz in Oz.x

brenda said...

That really is a rather splendid die Sue and looks lovely against the graduated backing.

B x

rachel said...

this die looks beautiful Sue - I adore the background too! Hugs Rachel x

Chrissy said...

oh,wow..love this one Sue..GORgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Sue you have showcased that die brilliantly..tempting me to go search for it too!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Sue, such a beautiful die and pretty background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mia said...

Beautiful shining card and great colours, Sue. I love it, my friend.

Mrs A. said...

Thankyou Sue for your lovely card that has arrived and your kind words re my Dad. They are very much appreciated. The Flag Iris is such a pretty image and it is the colour of the ones I have growing in my garden.
This candle card is very impressive. I love the colours you have created behind the die cut. So eye catching. Hugs Mrs A.

maria's knutselplezier said...

What an amazing candles card, I love the way you played with the colours of background, so beautiful!!

Have fun!
Maria