Followers

Saturday 17 June 2017

Birthday Boy At Allsorts

This week the Allsorts Challenge is Birthday Boy, this could not have come at a better time for me as I have two Birthdays in just over a week away. For this card I started with an 8x8 card base and cut a piece of Sheena's stamping card just slightly smaller. I then coloured the background by using distress inks in various colours. Then taking one Sheena's swinging sixties stencils I inked through this to add to the the background. Next I took the Mod stencil with Moped and inked through this with Archival Black. I then just dusted around the outside with black ink. The sentiment was made on the PC and mounted onto a small scrap of black card. I'm sure I shall be back again later in the week with another card for this challenge.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

16 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

These stencils are fabulous Sue and I love what you've done with them here. I really like the colours that you've used and I'm sure that one young man will really appreciate your lovely card. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Joan said...

Love this Sue! I was going to buy these stencils at Port Sunlight and decided against them, wish I'd bought them after seeing your fab card.

Aquarius said...

Wow - this is so sixties, brilliant and I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled.

cotnob said...

A super card Sue, lovely colours and fabulous design - perfect for a 'Birthday Boy'.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mia said...

Perfect card!

rachel said...

this is supercool Sue - absolutely love it - great work! Hugs rachel x

Liz said...

Fabulous masculine card, Sue. Love the design - really striking. xx

Mrs A. said...

Oh my goodness this is a brilliant card. I love the combined use of the stencils and the colours. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card Sue, awesome for that lovely young man.xx [aNNie]

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Fantastic 'man card' with a fabulous background. Love the colours and image. I hope you are setting back in at home again... take care, Shirleyxx

Megan J said...

Hi Sue, a stunning card for your great-grandson, love the background you created and the image is great too. I'm sure he will love his card... have a wonderful week.... Megan

Janice said...

Super card for your great-grandson Sue. A true work of art I say! Love the stencilling, the boy and the bike look so striking against the coloured background.
Janice x

brenda said...

It's a perfect masculine card Sue and great stencil and ink work, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Barb said...

What a great card this is Sue. It looks really dramatic. The stencil you've used looks fantastic for the theme of your card. Barbxx

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

crafty-stamper said...

Just seen this as a Top 5 at allsorts and came for a closer look-congratulations and a fabulous card love the stencils and background-perfect for a teenager
Carol x