Followers

Saturday 21 January 2017

Black, White And One Other Colour At PCC

Over on the Perfectly Created Chaos blog the current challenge is for Black,white and one other colour. So this afternoon while try not to be interested in Crate and Craft and the new CHA releases I've made this card for the challenge. It's a 6x6 white card base with black matting, then stamping in black using two stamps from a Chocolate Baroque set called Sunny Sunflowers. I used the two stamps to stamp a background using a Black Onyx ink pad from Versafine and also to stamp two of the larger flower on a separate piece of card. I then cut out one of the flowers as it had been stamped and the other cutting away some of the stamped area making a layer to go on top of the other. My one other colour is Mustard Seed distress ink, this I used to distress the edges of the card and also the sunflowers, using a distress pen in the same colour for the centre of the flower. I then popped a piece of ribbon in a matching colour around the centre of the card before mounting onto the black. Lastly I added the flower using glue gel and also added a Best Wishes sentiment cut from a Tonic die.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

9 comments:

rachel said...

This is absolutely stunning Sue - I absolutely adore it - classy! Hugs rachel x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Sue, such a fabulous design.
Pauline
x

Lady Joyful said...

Lovely card! The mustard seed colour works wonderfully with those flowers.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card Sue, with your permission I would like to CASE this at some time down the track....love the colours and the DI used...x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card, love the sunny sunflowers :) Shirleyxx

scrappymo! said...

Hi Sue. Your car is lovely.I really like the distress inks blended so nicely around the edges. This is what I am hoping to learn when you come to visit in Feb. I love that look. Bought brushes but have not tried it yet.

Let me know if you are still coming and we will have to set a date to get together. maureenkane@telus.net

Dori Shelton said...

Positively stunning! I love your background and how you highlighted the flower as your focal point. Thank you so much for joining us at the Perfectly Created Chaos Black, White and 1 color challenge. We hope to see you again!

Karen Dunbrook said...

this is gorgeous....

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Perfectly Created Chaos, good luck!!! Amy DT