Followers

Saturday 15 August 2015

Imagine....

I have a small (5x7) canvas to show you this evening using a stamped image from Indigo Blu. I bought this stamp back in April at Ally Pally and had stamped it out but not coloured it in. I also has a couple of small canvases sitting on my worktop, so I thought why not combine the two. I first used some texture paste and a Splodgeaway stencil, then when dry I sprayed it with Dylusion Sprays. When the spray had dried I rubbed some Pebeo Gilding Wax over the raised parts. I coloured the image with Promarkers and stamped a sentiment from a Tim Holtz stamp sheet and used Distress ink around the outside.



Good news on the FIL front, he finally made it home yesterday with a larger care package than when he went in.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comment which are always appreciated.

Sue

10 comments:

Sally H said...

That is gorgeous, Sue! What a wonderful sentiment and great image too. Good to hear your FIL is home and being looked after x

aussie aNNie said...

Love this Sue, all is so beautiful, from the stencil to the image...hugs to you and your FIL, may he get well more and more.xxx
 {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Michelle J M said...

What a fabulous canvas Sue. That image is delightful and the sentiment is great too. Your background is as always beautiful! Michelle x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous, love the image and fab details.xxx

Carol said...

This is lovely Sue (says she who doesn't like getting mucky). Glad FIL is safely home.
Hugs
Carol
xx

rachel said...

this is wonderful sue. i adore the image. shes a favourite for me and you'be used her to great effect on your canvas! love it xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very pretty canvas, the image is such a nice one, the textures are great. Good news that your FIL is back home again. Take care, Shirleyxx

NancyD said...

At first I thought this was cool texture for a card but then I read your comments. Wow, a mixed media canvas! Yay, I want to get more into this and I appreciate you explaining what steps you took to make your art. NancyD

Jacee said...

Wonderful image Sue and what a great sentiment!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Sarn said...

What a fabulous looking canvas Sue. LOVE everything about it - especially that stamp. Fab image. xxx