Followers

Tuesday 7 April 2015

My First Mini Album (Nanny's Brag Book)

Today I have a long post for you, but before you say "Oh No" it's mostly photos. I have long been admiring the wonderful albums that Nancy from Crafting Passions has been making and first saw this tutorial on her blog made as Grandma's brag book. As I'm going to become a grandmother to a baby boy in July, I knew that I just had to make one of these wonderful creations. So I popped across the Kathy Orta's Shop at Paper Phenomenon and bought the tutorial for the Album. As hubby disappeared on Easter Sunday to play golf with the guy's I sat down to read the instructions. For the rest of  the day and then again yesterday I was making my first Album. The instructions were very clear and easy to understand with plenty of photos along the way too.



After making the Album base using some Navy Blue card stock that I had in my stash. I then looked at what I could use to decorate it with.  Nancy uses scrapbook papers to decorate her Albums, but I normally print  my papers so I had a good look at what I had. I have in excess of 500 crafting CD's but not one of them was dedicated just to babies so after a quick look around on line I found this lovely set from Nitwits called Bundle Of Joy. It was inexpensive and downloadable as soon as I had paid for it, so I could carry on crafting without waiting for it to arrive.


I've used the backing papers (called fat quarters in the kit) to cover the pages,  then from the matching Little Bits kit (that matches everything on the first kit) I used the bits to make the journaling tags and to decorate the front cover. Below is one of two open up pages that are for photos.






Before sticking everything down I distressed the edges of the backing papers with salty ocean distress ink.  I think that I shall call this Nanny's Brag book, as I don't see myself as a Grandma.


 Do pop over to Nancy's blog she has some amazing albums there.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue





7 comments:

Jacee said...

Easter Sunday well spent Sue, it's wonderful!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

rachel said...

This is amazing Sue - all ready to fill up with the photos - fantastic - I love it - so much work but time very well spent! Big huggles! Rachel xx

Doreen said...

Love your mini Album,fab papers.xxx

Liz said...

Just LOVE this! Thanks for the instructions on how you made it. x

aussie aNNie said...

Wonderful card here and just love the colours and delightful image used...just beautiful.xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Michelle J M said...

First of all, Congratulations on your forthcoming grandson, how exciting! What a delightful album you have created Sue. The papers are gorgeous and the little images are so cute. I look forward to seeing it again full of photographs! Michelle x

Aquarius said...

Another one I missed - this is great - every 'Nan' has to have a brag book.