Followers

Thursday 2 March 2017

Playing With Brushos

My card today is my entry into this weeks Pixies Snippets Playground, which I'm rather late for. The background is the result of playing with some Brushos and water colour card before I went away. While I was looking around wondering what to make I spotted it sitting on my very small workspace and decided that I would make a card with it. I can't remember what colours it was I used and I did go around the edges with some distress ink in a matching colour too. The Happy Birthday sentiment and the matting came from my scrap box as well as the white card I used to die cut the flower. The Happy Birthday is a Sue Wilson die, but the flower I've had for quite a while but no longer have the packaging and can't remember who it was from. I cut two of each size of the flowers and then taking one of each size, I distressed with Peacock Feathers distress ink. I then layered and added a gem to the centre.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

18 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Very pretty brushos background. I like your doily effect flower against it. Looking forward to meeting up tomorrow. hugs Mrs A.

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Sue, a fabulous background and pretty flower.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is lovely Sue and I really like the sentiment, it stands out beautifully in silver. I love your colour choice too. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Barb said...

This really is beautiful Sue and the colours are gorgeous. Barbxx

rachel said...

I love this - such beautiful colours sue - really pretty xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card Sue, gorgeous colours. Congrats to winners.xx♥[aNNie]

jimlynn said...

Love your card! The background is so pretty and also love that big sentiment. It's great in the silver color.
Lynn

Loose Stitches said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors on your background and that beautiful flower!
Hugs, Sherry x

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Love your beautiful background and the dies you used.
Valerija xx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely background and great card.

aussie aNNie said...

Back again Sue, the card I made is a rocker card, a large SB die in half and it does sit nicely, as long as you balance the added goods on the front evenly...thanks for your lovely comment.xx[aNNie]

Carol said...

Lovely card and effect. I love your 'messing about' Sue. Beauriful flower.
xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful design, the background and die cuts are gorgeous. Have a great weekend xx

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW Sue such a beautiful creation...love the background and the gorgeous flower
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Di said...

Gorgeous background and such a pretty end result Sue - love the silver with that turquoise! And the flower is really lovely.

Hugs

Di xx

Aquarius said...

I always love to see the effects people manage to obtain with brushos and the like - great card

Tina Z. said...

amazing background and I love the special flower.

Carol L said...

The background is beautiful, and made even more so with the mirror card framework! Love that colorful medallion too!