Followers

Friday 23 September 2016

Gingerbread Terrace

Just a quick post from me today as we are off to Cornwall for a week tomorrow morning, but I wanted to share these gorgeous little gingerbread houses with you before I went. I saw the die from Tonic and fell in love with it when it was on C and C, but ordered it from Crafty Devils where it was not available until this week. When it popped through the letterbox on Monday morning I was itching to get it cut out, but as we look after our Grandson at the beginning of the week had to wait until yesterday. I finally got them finished last night. They were a little awkward to put together to start with and the first one remains undecorated but the next four were much easier and made it through to the end. I've left the bottom unstuck so that they can have chocolate put into them for Christmas. I thought they would look great on the tree. I'll be round to catch up with what everyone has been doing after next weekend.



 Below, close up.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue.

15 comments:

cotnob said...

These are so pretty Sue, the Kraft and pastel colours look fabulous - they will look wonderful on your Christmas tree.
Have a lovely week in Cornwall - I hope the weather is kind to you.
Pauline
x

Darnell said...

Ah, Sue, these look absolutely like they are really gingerbread houses with delicious frosting!! I hope you're having a grand time in Cornwall! Hugs, Darnell

Liz said...

These are gorgeous, Sue. I'm not surprised that you were tempted to buy the die!
Have a great time in Cornwall, it's a beautiful county. xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

OoohSue, these are gorgeous indeed, love your courage to attack such a project, first time around is always the hardest. Thanks for sharing, enjoy your time away.
Shaz in Oz.x ps off to peek below too. :)

brenda said...

Oh my Sue, what super little boxes and I can think of so many occasions they could be adapted to.

Have a good week in Cornwall.

B x

Dora said...

This is great. What a beautiful houses.

Aquarius said...

I'm a great fan of Tonic dies and these are super - I'm sure they will be appreciated with choccies inside later on. Enjoy your holiday

rachel said...

These are wonderful sue. Such great designs. I hope you have a wonderful time in cornwall xx

Mrs A. said...

How sweet these are. I love the roof pattern. Have a lovely time away. Hugs Mrs A.

KandA said...

These are wonderful Sue. Love the pastel colours with the kraft and those little gingerbread men on the end look so sweet xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Oh my gosh they are adorable and beautiful ..... have a great time away. Shirleyxx

Felicie said...

These are lovely Sue,so so beautiful.I love them a lot.
Greetings
Felicie

maria's knutselplezier said...

Fantastic ginger bread houses, and so many!!!

Have fun!!
Maria

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

oh gosh hun what fantastic ginger bread houses amazing beautiful work hugs cheryl xx

scrappymo! said...

This is so sweet and adorable! A very pretty village.