Followers

Monday 10 August 2015

Special Things

Ever had one of those weeks where nothing goes right? Well I had one last week, every time I tried to craft something went wrong or someone turned up. Hubby went away for the weekend, so I thought great a whole weekend to craft. No, that didn't work either. I did manage to find the time to finish this box, which is for a little girls Birthday at the end of this week, so it was just in time. I bought the box at The Works and then covered it inside and out with papers from Crafters Companion Flower Fairies CD, using the Rose fairy. I then cut out the bottom layer of decoupage and used matt medium to pop it onto the box. Then got out the cricut and cut out the letters, choosing to put My Special Things rather than Keepsake or Memories on the lid.


I'm hoping to have a more productive week this week but who knows.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

11 comments:

Jacee said...

Lovely pretty design Sue
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

rachel said...

evening Sue - your box is lovely - so clearly not everything went wrong - but I so know what you mean!! Thankyou so much for your support with my run Sue - you're very kind! Hugs rachel xx

Hellen Pearce said...

Pretty box Sue, I had one of those days yesterday, storage fell out of a cupboard onto a card I was working on - managed to save it, then die got stuck in ebosser - nearly gave up so I know exactly what you mean lol ! Hope things get better for you soon x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,fab design and details.xxx

Michelle J M said...

This is beautiful Sue. I like the words you used, really suitable for a little girl. I know what you mean about having time to craft and then nothing turns out as you had hoped, happens to me all the time! Michelle x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful everything Sue, love the sweetness of this gorgeous creation.xxx
 {The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Aquarius said...

It does seem as if everything conspires against us sometimes - hope you are faring better now. This is a lovely gift for a little girl to keep her treasures in, very pretty.

craftimamma said...

I frequently have 'one of those weeks' Sue so I know exactly where you are coming from, lol! This is such a pretty box and I used to love Flower Fairies when my daughter was small. Hope this week is panning out better.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sarn said...

Everyone needs a box like this! Very pretty xxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful Sue, the gold words are fantastic. I haven't had much time or energy for the craft room this summer, hopefully it changes in the fall/winter !

Dora said...

beautiful, I like the flower fairy.
your card below are beautiful too. with that musicimage.