Followers

Wednesday 20 May 2015

Pink, Blue And A Little Bit Of Glitter

The current challenge over on the Lavinia blog is Pink, Blue or Both, this is my take on the colours. I started with a 51/2 x 51/2 piece of card and a couple of pieces of sponge the randomly splodged pink and blue chalk paints. Once this was dry I then put some hills onto it using Chipped Sapphire distress ink. I stamped over all of this and added some glitter before mounting onto some blue card stock and finally adding it to a 6x6 white card base.

I liked the effect of sponging the paints onto the card, they blended together well, I shall be using that technique again.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning. Love it and super gorgeous images and background chosen...love it...
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous design, love the background you've created for the beautiful Lavinia stamps. Have a great day, Shirleyxx

Jo said...

Beautiful.....love the added sparkle
Jo x

Sally H said...

That is absolutely gorgeous Sue! I love it! Now that sort of pink I can definitely cope with, lol!

rachel said...

this is awesome Sue - just made mine today - pink and blue is quite tricky I think but you have made a wonderful job of it - I love the vegetation stamp - was going to use that one too - but it didn't happen! Beautiful! Big huggles rachel x

Zoe said...

What a beautiful and majestic scene you've created, thank you for joining in Lavinia Stamps Challenge, good luck, Zoe DT xx

Aquarius said...

That certainly looks like a great background technique - love the stamps you've used for this fairy scene

NancyD said...

Very cool technique Sue. I really like how it turned out. NancyD

Michelle J M said...

Another beautiful fairy scene, I so like them! Love the background, your blending is fantastic and your colour choice is wonderful. Michelle x

Unknown said...

Such a lovely peaceful scene Sue ....really makes for a lovely card for anyone..... Thank you for entering the Lavinia Challenge and Good Luck..... Marianne DT xxx

Unknown said...

such gentle colours - beautiful! Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow this card looks fantastic Sue, Great image and what a beautiful background, I just love it!!!

Greetings
Maria