Followers

Monday 23 March 2015

Gone Fishing

It's my husbands birthday next month, and now that he has retired I find it difficult to make his card as he can wander into my craft room at any time time. So yesterday while he was fishing I set to and made his card, it was great to have no interruptions. I've used several different stamp sets to make this card, including Stampscapes, Inkylicious and Woodware. I started by making a backing paper using distress inks to add colour to the paper and then again for the over stamping. Next I created my scene stamping in black memento ink first and than adding the colour with my brushes again using Distress Inks. The sentiment was from an Inkylicious set, this along with the scene were popped onto some silver mirri card (somehow it looks more gold in the photo). Finally I cut out To My Perfect Husband which was from a tonic die, this I cut out in black and in silver mirri card and offset one over the other to create a shadow.



I'm going to enter this into the Stamping Sensations Challenge, which this month is One For The Guys.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

14 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Wow this is so beautiful. Loving the fly fishing scene and how you did the wording.
Perfect for a guy.
Hugs
Desire

Michelle J M said...

This is so beautiful Sue. I am always in awe the way you use several stamps to make a perfect scene. Your backing paper is lovely as is the sentiment. I am sure your husband will love it. Michelle x

Jo said...

Beautiful.....that's a lovely scene & the backing paper is fab!
hugs Jo x

you can find my CANDY here
you can find my ATC Swap here

aussie aNNie said...

Sue this is so perfect for a man who loves to fish...fantastic.xxx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Aquarius said...

I'm sure your husband will just love this beautiful card. I really like the little quote - so true!!

Jacee said...

Oh sue, this is wonderful, your husband is going to love this, fabulous work!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

NancyD said...

Well you card is just as perfect as your husband. Love the scene! NancyD

rachel said...

absolutely wonderful Sue and so glad you got the chance to make it - your husband is going to love this - its fabulous Sue. Hugs Rachelx

Sally H said...

Wow, Sue! What an absolutely wonderful card! I am sure he will love it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month and good luck!

Sarn said...

Brilliant male card. Great inking. Good idea to do it while he was out fishing too! xxx

brenda said...

What a perfect card for the Guys and our theme Sue.

Many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

pinky said...

That is one gorgeous card Sue! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

sue-b said...

Great card Sue and I'm sure your OH loved it too. x

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a great men's card, I think your husband has been very glad to recieve this!!

Greetings
Maria