Followers

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge 8

Yesterday I had put colour onto an piece of card for the background of this card for the Chocolate Baroque Colour Challenge this month, without really knowing what stamps I would use. Then the postman came and brought me my new stamps that I ordered at the end on last week. As soon as I saw the Butterfly Dress stamp I knew that this was the one I was going to use. I had a rummage in my cupboard as I knew there were some stamps that would go with the flowers on the dress, then over stamped using the same colours I had made the backing paper with. The colours used were Cracked Pistachio, Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concorde distress inks. Next I stamped out the image a couple of times and cut one out using a grand circle spellbinders die then cut another using some purple card and finally a decorative circle also from spellbinders in mirri card.



I layered my backing paper onto some more purple card and also some gold mirri card, added some ribbon around the centre of the card putting it all onto an 8x8 white card base. I then coloured the image using distress pens in matching colours also adding peacock feathers to the colour used for the butterflies. Then on my second image I only coloured the some of the butterflies before cutting these out and adding them to the main image.


 Finally I popped the image onto the card, added a bow in matching ribbon, added some card candy and die cut sentiment. I have both my Sister's and Sister-in-laws birthday in a few days time, just need to make my mind up who gets this one.


Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

14 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Sue this is just gorgeous...the colours, image and whole card are full of beauty...loving this..
xx{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Julie Smith said...

I love this stamp Sue, you have really done it justice, a really beautiful card. Thank you for entering the Chocolate Baroque Challenge and good luck.

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous design Sue, I love this stamp as well (it's on my wish list :)). The decoupaged butterflies look so pretty. Thanks for joining in the fun at Chocolate Baroque's Challenge! Take good care, Shirleyxx

Michelle J M said...

Oh my word Sue, this is absolutely stunning! The colours you have used are gorgeous and you have framed her so beautifully too. I just love every single thing about it! In my opinion no one comes close to you with regard to stamping! Michelle x

Liz said...

What a stunning card! A gorgeous stamp and I love the colours you've chosen. xx

Jacee said...

So beautiful Sue, gorgeous design and colours so rich, lovely!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Felicie said...

Wow What a beautiful card Sue.I really love it a lot.
Greetings
Felicie

rachel said...

this is absolutely stunning Sue and I love how you decoupaged the butterflies up! Gorgeous make - can't wait to get my stamp and ink it up! Hugs rachel x

Sarn said...

OOh that's so pretty. Lovely card. xxx

judith@poppy cottage said...

A lovely card Sue, whoever ends up with this for their Birthday will be very happy. Great use of the challenge colours, thanks for entering the Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith xx

NancyD said...

What a beautiful ball gown with all those flowers and butterflies. Lovely card Sue! NancyD

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great card I love the way you put the butterflies on the dress!! Super!!

Have a nice Easter time!!
Maria

Flo Langley said...

Oh, Sue, This is absolutely gorgeous and so beautifully made. Love everything about it. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge.
Hope you are enjoying the Easter Weekend.
Hugs Flo xx

America said...

WOW-what a gorgeous masterpiece. Love it!