Followers

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Add Some Gems

This month the challenge over on the Lavinia blog is Add Some Gems. For my card I've used this lovely stamp with the little girl sharing her secrets with the fairy, that I like to think is at the bottom of her garden. First I inked my background and then stamped my foliage stamps leaving the middle lighter. After stamping the girl and sentiment I added some stars stamped with a Stampin Up stamp pad that shimmers (it's difficult to see in the photo) and added liquid pearls to the centres, dusting them with glamour dust before they set. Finally I added some gems to the flowers around the fairy.



I cant believe that I've managed to blog two days on the trot, bet I can't keep it up.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

13 comments:

Aquarius said...

Such a pretty card - lovely stamping and good use of gems.

rachel said...

such a beautiful card Sue - I adore this stamp and the scene you've created around it is lovely! Just gorgeous! Big huggles Rachel xx

Jacee said...

Oh my, this is such a pretty card Sue, a lovely design, very pretty.
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

aussie aNNie said...

Sue a rich looking card in every way...love this gorgeous one with the added beauties.xx

Sarn said...

Delightfully inky and a sweet focal image xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Sue..... Your entry is gorgeous..... I just love the use of the different Flower and Foliage Stamps...... Good Luck and thanks for entering into the Lavinia Challenge xxx

Michelle J M said...

Of course there are fairies at the bottom of the garden! Another stunning scene Sue. Love everything about it as always. Michelle x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow gorgeous design Sue, I love it. The scene, bling and fairies are all fantastic. Lavinia stamps are very nice. Take care, Shirleyxx

NancyD said...

Love the dimension on this card Sue. It adds to the magical feel of the faeries.
Thank you too for stopping by with your wonderful comment. I agree about the paper collections being difficult to cut into. I tend to look at them and visualize how it should look in an album. That dreaming process seems to free me to finally cut the paper.

Have a great day! NancyD

Julie said...

Such a pretty card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Lavinia, good luck,Julie x

Sally H said...

A stunning card, Sue! Gorgeous colour combo and great sparkle too!

sue-b said...

Beautiful Sue, i love Lavinia's stamps and if i get to port sunlight i will get some more. xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Sue, what a lovely card, so sweet , and I love how you made the flowers come alive by using those sparkling bling!!!
Have a nice day
MAria