Followers

Saturday 17 January 2015

Playing With The Brayer

I'm determined this year that I'm going to use the things that I keep buying, one of those being a speedball brayer that's been in the cupboard for at least two years. So yesterday I set out with ink pads and brayer to have a play. Below is my first ever picture created using the brayer, I'm quite please with the result and will be using it again. I made this card for  the Lavinia Challenge this month which is Anything goes. I also had a play with Paint Shop Pro and managed to make myself a watermark for my photos.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

12 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow gorgeous Sue, love your results using the brayer, fantastic scene. I find that I have keep looking through all my craft stash and tools to use it all. Take good care, Shirleyxx

Aquarius said...

That is great for a first try using a brayer - such pretty colours and images and I love the words too. I often wonder why we feel compelled to buy things and then never use them - strange behaviour really but you're definitely not alone!!

Sally H said...

Beautiful! A great first try with a brayer - looks like you are a natural! beautiful card

Di said...

This is really lovely Sue - can't believe it is your first attempt with a brayer. You are obviously a natural!! Di xx

rachel said...

this is beautiful Sue - I think you used your brayer beautifully - fabulous! Big hugs rachel xx

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant design. Fabulous job with the brayer, now I must use my goodies too. Beautiful colours. Love the journey and sorry if I have missed commenting last day or so.xxx.xx{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Felicie said...

A beautiful card.I love it a lot.
Greetings
Felicie

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Sue , what an amazing card, I really love the colours and the image!! So sweet and lovely!!!

Greetings
Maria

Wendy said...

Thank you so much for sharing this very pretty card with us at Lavinia Stamps, love that warm red background! Good luck! Wendy (DT) xxx

Wynn said...

Wow Sue this is so beautiful. I love the scene you've created and the Breyer background is gorgeous. Wynn x

Unknown said...

You are clearly an natural brayer-er :) beautiful card. Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

Mindful craft said...

Really gorgeous Sue,
So cheerful too
Thank you for entering the Lavinia stamps challenge
Good luck
Karen (DT) xx