Followers

Friday 3 October 2014

Tim Holtz Snowman

Another Christmas card today, again using craft card. For this one I've treated the base card with a little gesso painted lightly over surface, then when dry I brushed a little tumbled glass distress ink over the top. Next I made some splodges by whacking my distress stains onto the surface in tumbled glass and broken china. I allowed this to dry before stamping the snowman stamp directly onto the card along with the sentiment. I then stamped the snowman onto some white card and cut out using the die that came with this stamp. I coloured the twigs, hat and scarf with pro markers and the base of the snowman with tumbled glass on a brush.  He's stuck onto the card with a thin layer of glue gel, I'm trying not to make my cards to dimensional to keep the cost of the postage down.



It seems that our lovely weather from September is leaving us, although the sun is our here in the south of the UK at the moment there is a nip in the air when you go outside. But at least it's not raining yet.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comment which are always appreciated.

5 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Love it Sue, I just purchased some of these stamps but the pack of mini ones...this looks awesome. The Journey is the Start

Aquarius said...

I do love the blueprint stamp range and this snowman is delightful. I believe we are in for rain tomorrow but the weather has been lovely recently so can't complain.

Michelle J M said...

This is stunning Sue. Your background is fabulous and that snowman delightful. I really like these Tim Holtz stamps. Glad to see you are getting on with your Christmas cards! Michelle x

Carol said...

Great card Sue. You have had fun. I'd love to see the state of your work surface.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful Sue, I really like the effect the Gesso created in the background. I hope you are having a great weekend, Shirley x ps.. postage costs are skyrocketing, I'm going to make flat Christmas cards as well (also small, here they charge extra if they are larger than 4 x 6)