Followers

Sunday 12 October 2014

Daughters Birthday

October is my busiest month for Birthdays, as my Daughter and my Nieces are born within five days of each other (on different years of course). It starts with the elder niece born on the 5th, followed by the younger who was born on the 8th and then followed by my daughter the eldest on the 10th. I made this card for my son to give to my daughter, I was not happy with the photos as I had to take them in the evening with my daylight lamp. I was so disappointed with the photo of the card that I made from hubby and I, that I won't be posting it here. I used an A5 card base for the card, some silver matting and white card that I sprayed with some Dylusions ink, sorry can't remember what the colour was. I stamped a Prima Doll and coloured her with spectrum noir pencils before fussy cutting her out. Over the background I used one of the new stencils from Sheena Douglas with the Eiffel Tower on and then added some french text. This was from a stamp by Inkylicious. The trees were from Stampscapes, stamped in a navy blue. I added some ribbon from my stash, and the Happy Birthday which was from a Rob Addams die.



Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

8 comments:

Aquarius said...

A lovely girly card and I like the monochrome look. This time of year is often not good for taking photos of cards which is a shame.

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE the stencil and love the stamps used LOVE the whole card Sue.xx
The Journey is the Start

sallysbitz2 said...

Beautiful card, very elegant looking and love the colour x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Michelle J M said...

Oh this is gorgeous Sue. Your background is stunning, love all the blues. I too have many family birthdays this month! Michelle x

Miranda said...

It's lovely Sue! I can't keep up the pace anymore to visit all the blogs but so now and than I will........xxMiranda

rachel said...

oh sue - I've been umming and ahhing about these new stencils - this has definitely got me sold - brilliant card - I adore it! Hugs rachel x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful card Sue with gorgeous layers. I'm afraid I've been having trouble keeping up with blogs as well, but catching up here today :) Take care, Shirleyx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow Sue, what a beautiful blue card I really love it, great background, great lady in the front!!! Super!!

Greetings
Maria