Followers

Friday 20 June 2014

Ist UKSN Retreat

I can hear you asking what UKSN is. Well it's the UK Stampers Network and recently I was asked if I would like to join them and go on their 1st retreat, which was held last weekend (14th and 15th June) just outside of Biester in Oxfordshire. I only live about a hour away so when I left home last friday afternoon at 2.15 I fully expected to be at the hotel by 3.30 - 3.45. Sadly that was not to be, due to an accident on the M40, which had a knock on effect on the A34, it took me 3 1/2 hours to get there. At one stage I had done 6 miles in 2 hours. However a good nights sleep and the next morning I was up and ready to get to the village hall by 9.30 for the meet and greet. At 10.00 o clock we started properly for a weekend that was packed with workshops.



Above are some of the things that I made over the weekend. A box card, a mini album, a flip card using wax paper as a resist for distress inking, a shirt front card. Also there was teabag folding and card consequences with a twist (we worked in groups of six with a pack each, containing all the bits we would need to make a complete card), we were given 2 minute to work on the card before passing all to the next person to add the next bits. All the cards made from this session were donated to charity. Sunday afternoon we all got inked up and paint covered when we had a workshop making cool backgrounds (sorry I've not added these), lots of different techniques and it was great fun.


I loved making this gorgeous canvas that Member Karen Rhodes taught us, and I have already bought some of the mini canvas's and sorted out some suitable stamps to make one here at home.


We were asked to take some photos so that we could spend some time doing Project Life. An easier version of scrapbooking (I still like the traditional way and 12 x12 papers) which is great if you have loads of photos to sort.

We finally finished and began our journey's home at about 6.00 pm sunday. It was great fun, I made new friends and can't wait to do it all over again next year I hope. A big thank you goes to Micky Woodcock for organising the retreat and to all the lovely ladies who ran workshops.

Thanks for taking the time to look and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

9 comments:

NancyD said...

Too bad about the traffic, but it looks like to you and a good time and produced very nice work. NancyD

Michelle J M said...

Congratulations on being asked to join the UKSN, very well deserved. I live in a village just outside Bicester and I was on the A34 last Friday, maybe we were sitting behind each other!! It took me 3 hours to get from Oxford to home! Love the creations you made at the retreat. If I were asked to pass on a card after two minutes, my nerves would be shot!!! Michelle x

Hellen Pearce said...

OOh what a fab weekend you've had Sue (apart from the travel) and what gorgeous projects you made! Well jell - love that canvas x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Anyone can join Michelle. Sue xx

rachel said...

the projects look wonderful Sue and it looks like you had a great time apart from the travel xx

Aquarius said...

Wow that certainly sounds like a fun filled weekend and you obviously had a good time and came back with lots of projects and ideas. Love the mini canvas - I have some blank ones around, bought in a fit of enthusiasm but as yet not taken out of their packaging!!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful set of cards and your mini canvas is a wow factor...lovely colours and texture...♥aNNie


The Journey is the Start

maria's knutselplezier said...

You certainly had a great time making these lovely cards , and canvas, they are all great , beautiful cards and projects , I love them all!!!

Greetings
Maria

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow Sue what a great weekend of creativity. Donating to charity is wonderful as well. Your results are very beautiful. Too bad about the traffic, I spent many hours in traffic when I was working (I was 'on the road' a lot), I know how frustrating it can be. Take care, Shirley