Followers

Sunday 6 April 2014

Craft A Scene - Hills And Mountains Week One

It's a new month, so time for a new challenge over on the Craft A Scene blog. This month the theme is Hills and Mountains, so why not dig out those stamps and see what you can come up with. For my card I've used some new stamps that have just come out from Chocolate Baroque, Patchwork Landscape. There are some beautiful stamps just right for building scenes with. I started with the Cottage and then the tree's and fence beside it, then with a fine Micron pen added a couple of hills in the background. There is a tree stamp on the set that is a patchwork of designs to make up the canopy, I used just the top of the stamp to give me flower bushes along the edge of my scene. I then masked off the middle and the bottom of the scene then using brushes added the blue sky and the green in front of the cottage, the rest was coloured by using promarkers. Finally I mounted the finished scene onto some black card and then a 6x6 white card base. I do hope you have time to pop over to the blog and take a look at the wonderful inspiration the DT has made for you this week.



Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

9 comments:

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,love the scene you have created.xxx

Michelle J M said...

As always I just love it! Those trees are wonderful as is everything else! Michelle x

rachel said...

this is stunning sue - absolutely fabulous - just got my stamp set yesterday - now I can't wait to have a go and see what I can do! Big Hugs rachel xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Wow Sue, fabulous and beautiful design. I love how you used the tops of the patchwork trees as 'shrubs' in the foreground. I hope you had a wonderful weekend, Shirleyx

Claire said...

This is a real stunner Sue, love those stamps and you've created a really gorgoeus scene with them. Genius idea to create the flowers in the foreground with the stamps too
Claire xx

Hellen Pearce said...

fab scene Sue, love the brightness and colour. Good idea with the pen on the hills, makes them really 'pop', love it x

Beryl said...

A beautiful scene you have created her Sue. Love it.
Beryl xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

I love this beatiful patchwork lanscape, how clever to use the top of the trees as a flowerborder!!!I just love your imagination!!

Greetings
Maria

Sally H said...

Stunning card, Sue! Gorgeous! I love those stamps - bought them ages ago and not used them nearly enough!