Followers

Sunday 9 March 2014

Golden Wedding Anniversary

I was recently asked if I could make five golden Wedding Anniversary cards for a friends Mum and Dad. As we know the couple as well, I ended up making six and I'm glad to say they are all different. This is one that I made from us, using the Harlequin Rose stamp set from Chocolate Baroque. This set make such romantic card, and is Ideal for Anniversary's. I stamped the rose with versamark and embossed with Wow fine gold embossing powder, then coloured it in with promarkers. I swiped some ink from Stampin up, around the edges of the topper. The colour I used was Crushed Curry. Using the same colour on a piece of backing paper printed form the Love letters downloads, also from Chocolate Baroque, I then over stamped using the Leafy Heart from the same stamp set. Again I went around the edges of the paper with the ink pad. The sentiment dies are by Rob Addams, these I cut out twice, once in gold and again in black and off set the gold on top on the black. The corner die from Marianne., and the ribbon from my stash.



Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

11 comments:

Aquarius said...

A beautiful anniversary card - this is one of my (many) favourite stamps which can easily be coloured to suit the anniversary.

NancyD said...

Gorgeous work Sue!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous Sue ! 'Love letters' looks fantastic as a background. I have that digital set as well, it's so wonderful. I love your bow, so beautiful. Happy Sunday, Shirleyx

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,fab image and design.xxx

rachel said...

this is a stunning card Sue - I just adore this stamp - very beautiful. Love it. Hope you had a lovely day Sue. Hugs Rachel xx

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sue! Great choice of stamps and papers - I will have to remember those stamps next time I am asked!

Miranda said...

Lovely card Sue with a great stamp sheet indeed! Like that yellow colour, it is really a different yellow than other inks! warm greetz Mirandax

Beryl said...

Ooh! This is absolutely gorgeous Sue. Love the bp and the beautiful harlequin rose image.
Beryl xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wat a gorgeous card , Sue, I love it, and what a pecial , handmade gift for the happy couple!! They sure will love it too!!

Greetings
Maria

Michelle J M said...

Such a beautiful card Sue. I love those muted gold colours. Gosh you have been busy, making 6 of them and all different! Michelle x

Carol said...

Lovely card Sue. I love the 'mellowness' of the colour.
Hugs
Carol
xx