Followers

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Spooky

I can't believe how fast this year has gone, and that it's October already. This is always a busy month for me as it's our wedding anniversary Friday. Saturday is my niece's birthday, the 8th is my other niece's birthday - she's 21 this year. Then 9th is our godson's birthday and the following day my Daughters birthday (30 this year), and that's just the beginning of the month.

Each month on the Chocolate Baroque group we have a swap of quintile's (5x5 square piece's of work) with a new theme each month, and this month is Spooky. I know that here in the UK we don't celebrate Halloween like our friends in the US and Canada, but I do love the Halloween stamps, so for this month I had just had to get out those stamps. For the first tile I've used stamps from Nevermore and Witches Brew sets and distress ink pads in colours Milled Lavender, Picked Preserves and Dusty Concord. I added a little glitter to the small mushrooms by the witch in the hope that they would look a bit magical.



For the second tile I've used stamps from the Bewitched Moonlight set. I've used distress ink pads in Mustard Seed, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade. I then stamped some of the mushrooms in Rusty Hinge and Vintage photo, I also used Vintage Photo to create some shadows. Glitter again to the mushrooms and also the rat's wings.



I'm entering these into the following challenges:

Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations - One Layer
Sister Act Card Challenges - Anything Goes
ART Card Challenges - Anything Goes

Thanks for taking the time time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

7 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful spooky creations Sue ! Great way to combine the awesome stamps ! Love the background scenes. Have a wonderful day, Shirleyx

Dora said...

beautiful cards with this theme!!

Aquarius said...

Two very lucky people will be receiving these gorgeous spooky quintiles - love them both. I've not succumbed to thisyear's stamps so will have to see what I can find to make mine.

rachel said...

these are fabulous Sue - both quintiles are just amazing - the colours and the images are fabulous - love them! Hugs rachel x

Michelle J M said...

Oh Sue these are wonderful! The colours are fabulous and I especially like the word "frightful"! I could go on and on! Happy Anniversary for Friday in case I don't get back to you by then. Your October sounds like our December, we have birthdays on nearly everyday of that month! I look forward to hearing about your Christmas in Florida when you get back. Michelle x

Bo said...

Stunning cards in wonderful colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Sister Act Card Challenge! Hugs, Bo DT

Kay Dalton said...

lovely work,thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations challenge