Followers

Sunday 25 August 2013

CD Sunday - On The Beach

I can't believe how fast Sunday comes around these days, it's time again for a new challenge at CD Sunday, and this week it's Caz's turn to choose. What better theme for a bank holiday weekend than On The Beach, however in true bank holiday fashion yesterday was wet, I hope that today is a better day for everyone. I had a lovey couple of hours going through my CDs looking at all the scenes with beaches involved, I had just decided on what I was going to use, when I found this image on MCS, The Artist Collection, Crafty Characters. I instantly thought of my Grandad, I have many happy memories of days spent on the beach, with him sat in a deckchair with a handkerchief tied at the four corners and it perched on top of his head. He was very often guarding a bucket with baby crabs in too, that my sister and I had found in the rock pools.



I found some backing papers on MCS that resembled stripey deckchair material, and another that looked a little like sand, these were matted onto some bright blue card. I wrapped some cord around the stripey paper, added a postcard back and I hope I've made the topper look like a postcard. Finally I had some shells in a box that I knew would come in handy one day, so I've added some of these too. This is Linby's last week as guest designer, and I know that she, and the rest of the design team have some wonderful inspiration for you over on the challenge blog, do pop over and take a look.

Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

9 comments:

Aquarius said...

That seaside image was a lucky find - it is just right for the Bank Holiday weekend (or would be if the weather was OK). Love the layout and colours you used. No actual rain here yesterday but a grey and muggy day - not looking too promising today either so a good excuse to stay in and 'play'.

Beryl said...

Mmm. I remember holidays like that (unfortunately never knew any of my grandparents though) right down to the buckets of crabs. Great card Sue.
Beryl xx

petrasart said...

What a happy Card!!! I love it :-)

Sally H said...

What a wonderful fun card! I love it!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

What a great card ! Your design is fabulous, love the postcard with the sentiment, it's perfect. You are lucky to have some rain, it's still very dry here, plants & trees are suffering. We are expecting rain tomorrow, fingers crossed ! Take care, Shirleyx

rachel said...

Fab card Sue and some lovely memories too. we've briefly been on the beach today- and to a beautiful garden. Happy days x

Cazro said...

I just love your card design, everything is so nostalgic for me of the days at work, the postcards arriving over the summer months pinned on the notice board. Fabulous interpretation. Caz

sue-b said...

just fabulous Sue, i love it and the shells are a perfect addition, note self (next time at beach.........)
sue-b xx

sue-b said...

just fabulous Sue, i love it and the shells are a perfect addition, note self (next time at beach.........)
sue-b xx