Followers

Saturday 15 June 2013

Time For Tea

First, to my regular followers. I've had to turn on the approval part of the comments as I've been getting quite a large amount of Anonymous comments, which I've had to delete. I hope this will not put you off commenting, it just means that I will have to OK the comments first.

Now onto today's card, and this one has been made for my Father-in-law to give to Mother-in-law, I am going to enter this into the Allsorts challenge, which this week is Time For Tea. I'm not sure that I would want a cup of tea out of this pot though, after the flowers have been in there. I' ve used Joanna Sheen's, Jane Shasky CD, and an 8x8 card base. I colour matched, using the forget-me-nots, in MCS and printed onto some centura pearl white card for the matting. The topper has been decoupaged using glue gel, and I loved the way the flowers were tumbling out of the pot, so I used some of the very top layers and just the flower heads and made them fall down the card. The ribbon and charm were from my stash, and the swirl from some I had already cut. But as the swirl was white I coloured it with promarkers to match the card. Finally I added the sentiment which was made in MCS.


Thanks for taking the time to look, and your kind comments which are always appreciated.

Sue

11 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card Sue. I love the colours & images. Your decoupage work is always stunning.

I have my blog comments set up that registered users only can comment and I rarely get spam comments. But I certainly don't mind comment approval, a lot more bloggers are using it these days, too much spam I assume. Happy Sunday, Shirleyx

Aquarius said...

Clever colour matching and I love the way the flowers are rumbling down. I always approve comments on my blog before I publish them - better than word verification anyway as that does put people off I think.

Wendy L said...

This is so beautiful, very vibrant, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

NancyD said...

This is so bright and cheerful Sue. Love the great blue color here. NancyD

rachel said...

gorgeous card - I just love that teacup - beautiful xx

Sally H said...

A beautiful cheerful card, Sue. I love anything to do with tea!!!

brenda said...

Wow, what beautiful colours Sue and a prefect card for our theme.

Thanks so much for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Sarah said...

Beautiful floral card Sue, gorgeous image and colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Time For Tea challenge x

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Sue, such a gorgeous decoupage image and matching papers.
Pauline
x

Michelle J M said...

Oh I missed this one - absolutely gorgeous! Love those colours, beautiful decoupage, just fabulous. There's no end to your talents Sue. Michelle x

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x