Followers

Sunday 25 March 2012

CD Sunday - Spring Has Sprung

Another Sunday and a new challenge over on the CD Sunday blog, and this week it Spring Has Sprung. This really suits the wonderful weather we are experiencing at the moment. I've chosen to use The Jayne Netley Mayhew collection 2 from Joanna Sheen this week, and as I had a Birthday Card that I needed to make for next week (my SIL's birthday), I've made this card for her. With all the fine weather we've been having, the birds have been busy in the garden, backwards and forwards to the bird table, gathering all sorts of bits and pieces for their nests. It seem right that I should use this lovely blue tit image from the decoupage section.


I've used an 8 x 8 pale blue card base for this card, and also to mount the decoupaged image onto. When I looked on the CD for a backing paper to go with this I could not find one that I liked, so after taking a snapshot of the main image on the sheet of decoupage, I took it into paint shop pro and cropped it. I then made it seamless and saved it as a jpg, took it into MCS and tiled it to create the backing paper. At the same time I created the sentiment and also a plain matched backing paper for the matting. I added some matching ribbon and a bow across the middle and some flat pearls in the corners. The flowers were from my stash and the nearest that I had to flowers that looked like blossom.


Thanks you for taking the time to look.

Sue

10 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

WOW Sue ! Just came in from the garden to look at blog updates and there is your stunning creation ! Love it ! Your decoupage bird is so gorgeous,the background is wonderful along with the colours that you used in your design. The additional flowers & pearls set it off. Your SIL is sure to be thrilled ! Have a great week. Cheers, Shirley x

Jocelyn said...

What a lovely card and your flowers match the blossom perfectly. A lovely springtime card. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Pamela said...

What a beautiful blue tit - we have one busy building a nest in our bird box. I find it difficult tearing myself away from the camera! Thanks for joining in with the challenge this week.
Pamela (Guest Designer in March for CD Sunday)

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card, your decoupage really makes the bird pop out, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday this week, Wendy x

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Fabulous Sue, this is beautiful. I love this bird so much and you have made a great composition.
Warm greet
Marja

Carol said...

A stunning card Sue. Your decoupage is awesome. Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous card brilliant image, well done
Margaret

Michelle J M said...

Congrats Sue, this card absolutely deserved to win The CD Sunday Challenge last week. Michelle x

Cazro said...

Congratulations on winning the Spring challenge, I totally agree this card truly deserves to be the winner. Cazro