Followers

Friday 24 February 2012

Forgotten Friday 50 - Pink and Cream

Another week that flown by, and it's time again for Forgotten Friday. This week I've sorted out my Christmas Housemouse stamps and also the Housemouse CD which I've used for the backing paper (both have not been used since the middle of last year). Rather than stamp, colour, and then pick a backing paper that goes with it, this time I've picked the stamp and the backing paper, then coloured to match. I normally go for something with a bit more colour in it, but I'm pleased with the way this one turned out. The base card is made from very pale pink centrua pearl, and the corners, that are made with the left over card, are architectural accents from sizzix. The image is stamped with memento and coloured with promarker and spectrum noir pens. I've used cream card to mat both the image and the backing paper, and added some ribbon from my stash.



Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

5 comments:

judith@poppy cottage said...

That's a great image Sue, and unusual colours for a Christmas card. I really like the cream matting, and the pink ribbon ties in perfectly with the ribbon in the image. Thanks for your good wishes, and thank you for joining in with Forgotten Friday this week, Judith xx

Michelle J M said...

This is such a pretty card Sue. Love the soft colours which you have coloured so beautifully. Michelle x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Sue, Beautiful card ! Great colouring ! Indeed these colours are different for Christmas, but I love a change from traditional ones. I love your design with the image turned and the corner die cuts. Have a great weekend !

Aquarius said...

This is gorgeous - I do so love House Mouse designs and this is a great Christmas card. You were right that I've been a bit quiet on the blogging front - only one pair of hands I'm afraid but I'm missing the stamping and inky stuff so will be back!!

Carol said...

Hi Sue
I don't know how I missed this earlier. A gorgeous card with the fun House Mice and a great colour combination.
Hugs
Carol
xx