Followers

Saturday 28 January 2012

Forgotten Friday 46 - Add A Bit Of Bling

It's that time of the week for a Forgotten Friday post, and this week Judith has challenged us to add a bit of bling. Like Judith I aim to make my Christmas cards over the course of the year, not get to October and end up rushing like mad to get them done in time. So this week it's time for another Christmas card, and I've used another stamp from the neglected Kanban set bought last year. When I bought the stamps they came with a set of die cut shapes ready for stamping, matting and layering. So I stamped the baubles directly onto one of the shapes with mid-night blue stazon (only because it was the dark blue that I wanted for this) and then took another slightly larger shape and stamped with the snowflake that was also on the same stamp sheet. I then added some colour to the background of these using tumbled glass and broken china distress inks. The backing paper is from the Artylicious Seasons Greetings CD in a colour that matched. I over stamped with the same snowflake stamp and then darkened the edges with the broken china distress ink. I have a part used sheet of Christmas greeting peel offs in my stash so used one for the sentiment on the card, but it hasn't shown up well in the photo.

This now brings my total Christmas cards made for next year to twelve now, as I made some with some leftover bit and pieces while I was tidying my craft room. Why not join in the fun of Forgotten Friday, all you have to do is make something, with anything that has been forgotten or neglected. It's a great way to rediscover what you've put away in the back of the cupboard.



Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue

4 comments:

judith@poppy cottage said...

Gorgeous card Sue, I love the colours. Those stamps are great. I like the placement of your bling! You are going great guns with your Christmas cards by the sounds of it. Well done.
Thanks for joining in Forgotten Friday this week, Judith xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hello Sue ! I LOVE this card ! The colours & design are wonderful and also love the images ! Great that you are getting Christmas cards done. The Forgotten Fridays is a great idea ! Also want to thank you for all your visits to my blog and your kind words, it means a lot ! Have a great weekend.

Carol said...

Another lovely card Sue. I'll be in touch when Bluewater is over.
Hugs
Carol
xx

Aquarius said...

This is a great Christmas card and I love the colour scheme - nice to see something a bit different. I missed last week's FF but hopefully I'm back on track for this one.