Followers

Sunday 20 November 2011

CD Sunday - Trees

This is my third week as Design Team Guest at the CD Sunday challenge blog, and this week the subject of the challenge is Trees. I decided to go with Joanna Sheen's Pamela West Collection 2. I have used this gorgeous picture of bluebells in a wood, with the sun streaming though (a promise of warmer things to come next year I hope). I have used an A5 white card base, and some centura pearl for matting and layering in 2 shades of mauve. The topper has been printed onto glossy photo paper and set at a jaunty angle. The backing paper is a matching one, and I've popped a bit of purple ribbon across the card. The flowers are some from my stash that were a light cream colour, so these I coloured  with the bluebell coloured pro marker, just adding a little touch of aubergine to the ends and the middle. Butterfly and leaves are both from Martha Stewart punches, and the swirl from a Marianne die, with  some pearls added to the middle of the flowers and the corners just to finish.




Thank you for taking the time to look.

Sue x

3 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is a beautiful card which makes me think of spring - mind you the sun is shining today and it could be a spring day instead of November

Carol said...

Hi Sue. Another gorgeous card for us. Certainly brightens up a dull November day. I didn't get the second Pamela West Cd as I already had the first one and the one from Debbees.
Hugs
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT

Trish x said...

A beautiful card Sue, I love the scene abd I love the colours
Trish xx