Followers

Monday 25 July 2011

CD Sunday - Dreams

The challenge over on the CD Sunday blog this week is Dreams. I instantly found myself reaching for Joanna Sheens Enchanted Dreams CD, there are so many beautiful dreamy images to choose from. The only problem being was which one to choose. In the end I went with this image of a sleeping mermaid from the "By The Sea" section. What I love about these images are, there is so much going on in the picture, you find something new every time you look at them. For this card I have used a large square card base, made from 2 A4 sheets of white card stock. I mounted the topper and the backing paper onto some green mirri card, added some peridot coloured gems to the sides. The ribbon, which is a beautiful pale green colour, has in the photo, come out looking more yellow. When in fact in real life it looks a far better match. The sentiment was printed on a laser printer and then put through the foiling machine with a green coloured foil to match. Again like last week I made this card with someones birthday in mind and as I type this it is already in the post.





Thanks for looking, your kind comments are appreciated.

Sue

7 comments:

Aquarius said...

That is such a beautiful image and you've made a lovely card with it

Christine said...

A gorgeous card with a beautiful image from one of my favourite CD's. You are right, each time I look at the CD I find something new.
Thanks for your continuing support at CD Sunday.
Hugs
Christine xx

Tess said...

Gorgeous card Sue and the colours are superb. Thanks for joining us again this week at CD Sunday. xx

starcyl said...

This is super and I would love to get such a card on my birthday. Thanks for joining in withus again at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

gorgeous card Sue, loving the green shades, thanks for sharing again this week at CD Sunday, xx

Carol said...

This popped up again this week on our CD Sunday Challenge - must be a glitch but I was very sad to see that there is no comment from me. I remember seeing it and loving it but I must have had a brainstorm. Sorry Sue.
xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card
Margaret